Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Summer Time Musky Fishing

Virginia has been experiencing some fall like temperatures the past week so a friend and I decided to fish the New River.  The fishing was slow but what can you expect from summer musky fishing?  Only saw one fish and it popped up right behind my friend's fly right at the boat.  The musky backed off as quick as he showed up.  He started the figure 8's all around the boat and after a few seconds the musky popped back up and inhaled.  He got a good hook set and then re hook set him again. Pop goes his 30 lb weak spot in his leader and off swims an angry musky with a fly in his mouth. It was worth the float just to watch that and be out on a pretty section of water.






I shall be back after the musky this weekend.  I have put in my 10,000 casts as it has been a year and a half since I've caught a musky.  I am due for one.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment