Friday, August 12, 2016

Rainy, Cool Summer Brookie Trip

It has been a very odd August.  We had a very dry, hot stretch from June thru Mid July, but the end of July and August has been extremely rainy and pretty mild temps.  A few days snuck down to the low 70's.  I had a small break last Sunday to hit a close by brookie stream and it treated me very well.  Probably the best it has fished in a long time.  All the trout came on a size 12 stimi and it was almost like I could not keep them off the hook.  That was a good problem to have.

Big Brookie of the trip was the second fish I caught for the day.








Odd red crawfish.  This was not the red crawfish stream either.

Eager little guy taking a size 12.


Couldn't of asked for better water levels.

Some coffee for the road.

Came around a corner and there was a family of deer standing in the road.  Lucky for them and me I wasn't in a hurry.


It was nice to take advantage of the cool weather.  Keep doing that rain dance whoever it is that is dancing.

3 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to see water flowing so nicely. Outstanding brookies.
    Your choice of lunch is to be commended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are still finding the time to get on the water, I was just over in Harrisonburg yesterday but sadly fishing was not the priority. Luckily I have a lake full of grass carp just 5 minutes away from the house.

    ReplyDelete