Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Opossum

I know this isn't fishing relayed, but thought I'd share this story.  I'll start out by saying I hate opossums.  Heard of the aftermath of a possum breaking into a barn and eating all the heads off a litter of kittens, not to mention how destructive they can be.  But yesterday I was driving to work and saw a dead opossum in the road and a bunch of little dead possums around it.  I caught a glimpse of a little fur ball still moving so I turned around.  Found that one opossum was still alive but wouldn't be for long as it's a fairly busy road.  I picked it up with a bag and carried it to the woods adjacent to the road but he started back to the road towards the other dead opossums.  So I put him in my Jeep and went to work until I could figure out what to do with him.  Found out from some reading that a opossum can survive on it's own at a 1/2 a pound and that was about where he was at.  Instead of giving him to a animal rescue or animal control, I decided to just let it go in the woods next to a pond I frequent on lunch breaks.  He took off pretty quickly and I think he'll be fine.  Like I said, I hate opossums, but this opossum was pretty cute (for now). 








Hope everyone has a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment