Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Saturday SNP Venture

Got an invite from a buddy I know up in Harrisonburg to fish the SNP, which he did not have to twist my arm to say yes.  I drove up Friday and spent the night with him and his friend.  All day Friday VA got pounded with rain, which had us worried about the streams being blown out.  Luckily my friend knows the SNP like the back of his hand and he picked out a high elevation steep feeder stream.

Ended up being a good call on his part because the water was perfect levels for big brookies.  All the fish were holding close to the bottom so tungsten played a major role.  Ended up being over 50 brookies between the three of us caught with one being over 12 inches.  I did not catch this brookie, but the size of him proves how healthy the SNP streams are.

I've never seen a brookie fight like this one did.  He was a true beast!

Here are some other pictures from the trip.






The SNP will definitely be visited more this summer!  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment