Friday, September 30, 2011

Brookie TR

Finally able to post up a TR.  Managed to get out this morning for about 3 hours and hit a nearby brookie stream.  This stream gets hammered by people on the weekends, but since it was a Friday I thought I'd try my luck.

Stream temperature were chilly when I first started wet wading, but got better as it got closer to noon.  Water levels were still looking good from all that rain last week and the brookies were aggressive today.  I managed to catch a good amount, but most had no size to them.


I came to this pool above and it looks like TU or something came through and built this dam to create this really nice pool.  I was throwing a stimi and it got crushed by a 9 inch brook trout.  It wasn't so much the length, but the girth on this trout that amazed me.  Unfortunately as I was fumbling for the camera, he slipped out of my hands and shook out the hook.  Kinda disappointing that the big fish of the day came off without a picture, but oh well.  Here are some pictures from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment