Monday, August 13, 2012

Saturday Brookie Outing

Been watching Saturday's forecast for about a week prior for the temperature and rainfall throughout the week.  Had a good storm roll through Friday and they had forecasted a high of 82 for Saturday so I decided to do a little brookie fishing.  I have recently moved out past Forest and now live about twenty minutes from the stream I fished today.  It is a gorge stream that holds water well. When I got to the stream the water was a little low, but still very safe to fish. 
A freshly made biscuit sandwich for breakfast.

Love not having to leave as early as I use to.


About the average size for the day.














A little bit bigger.


Some new Patagucci swag.


Nice pool to take a lunch break.


About as gourmet as you can get streamside.


Fishing resumed after lunch.








Was rewarded with a bigger wild trout about thirty minutes before quitting time.

It was a very nice way to spend a Saturday morning and afternoon.  Fishing wasn't knock your socks off good, but considering it is August, it was awesome. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Only one thing missing. ME!!!!!!!!! Nice post, I'm totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well come on over Kevin. It was way past due. Was looking back and saw my last decent trout outing was back in June.

    ReplyDelete